14 August 2010

Sibling Rivalry.

So removing the bell didn't stop, or even hinder any fights. This morning at around 5:20ish was the worst sounding fight we've had so far. It was loud enough to even wake Yubo up -- he was the one to rush out of bed to break up the fight. Oh, what I wouldn't give for perfect eyesight -- I wasn't even halfway towards reaching for my glasses. Somehow, his reaction put me at ease for if we ever have children. Before, I was concerned that no matter how loudly the baby cried, he wouldn't wake up, leaving me on baby duty the entire time.

Anyhow, Chiyo hasn't come out from under the bed yet. I'm concerned that she's hurt, since cats hide when they're injured. But it could also be that it's nothing serious and I'm overly concerned, as usual.

I've been wanting to install a magnetic cat door into the door of the office. Since Chiyo was the only one wearing a collar (before we took it off), I thought it would be a perfect way for her to have a safe room to run into every time Tifa got out of hand.

Now I'm wondering if we need to reintroduce Chiyo to the house. Or if I need to take Tifa out of the mix and reintroduce her. The troublesome thing is that these large incidents only happen during the time we're sleeping (or when I'm about to go to sleep). I was thinking maybe I need to put one of them in the office before we turn in for bed, but figured that wouldn't really solve anything.

Yubo and I were also thinking that one of us (read Mochi) should sit in the office with Chiyo and Tifa for an entire day. Or at least while we're both home, keep them together in the office to force them to be with each other. I'd prefer staying in the room with them, prepared with a water bottle to squirt the one that starts trouble. It would enable some discipline to finally happen.

I wonder if it really is that Tifa is jealous. I can't figure out why else she would continue a fight with Chiyo screaming the way she does. There's no way that sounds like playing, so I'm convinced that Tifa is really picking fights.

At least Ellie remains normal. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment