29 August 2010

Recapping the Day.

C/Ping this from my personal blog because I mentioned some things that work here too.

---

Oof. Period Day 1 AND worship this morning. Yikes. It was a tough day for me. Already started off super cranky because I wasn't able to get to bed when I wanted to last night. Yubo didn't wake up on time, and so we ended up skipping breakfast (I grabbed myself a choco/pretzel bar, which I didn't eat until between services). For whatever reason, all the Motrin in the house disappeared so I was without pain meds. Yubo, in his not-nearly-awake-enough state asked me what I found an incredibly stupid question, so of course I kind of snapped at him. I heard him mutter, "This is going to be a long day," as I stalked off towards the car.

Luckily, it wasn't quite so bad. Right before prayer time, I gave him a hug. I don't know if he accepted it as the silent apology it was, but he seemed to perk up, which made me feel better. Thus, we survived another super early Sunday morning. It helped that we sang a really neat song that I really enjoyed singing.

During first service, Yubo ran off to get me some Motrin and Pamprin to help me get through the morning. He was kind enough to do that while I sat backstage.

Afterward, we went off to lunch at What the Phở. I don't usually care for phở as I prefer Chinese noodle soup with the big rice noodles, but as we haven't found a place that offers it the way I like it and Yubo likes phở, we went. Wasn't too bad. The warm soup calmed my body for a bit. I could see Yubo trying to contain his excitement when a fairly large group of Japanese kids came in and sat around us. Although it was fun for me to hear them flip between English (not Engrish) and Japanese, I found them a little too loud and irritating.

Yubo dropped me off to die on the couch while he went to fill the car with gas. I "napped" until about 6:00p, and I'm still feeling sleepy but I don't want to sleep too much.

Tonight I plan to make torikatsu because I happened to have bought some chicken yesterday, and before lunch Yubo mentioned he wanted katsu until we decided on phở. I also bought some beef chunks for beef stew which I can probably prepare in the slow cooker tomorrow.

I told Yubo after I woke up that I wanted to learn to play a game with him, one of his games. I said not Halo, or anything where I can fall down easily, because the one time I tried Halo with friends over, I killed myself within a few seconds of respawning. I guess it's tough because the games that he likes have such strange controls that are completely foreign to me. But even if I don't have much interest in his games, I want to try. Or maybe I can try a computer game with him that's not WoW or StarCraft.

I was reading a Chinese mànhuà called 1/2 Prince. It's set in the future and a new game gets released called Second Life. The person actually gets to experience the RPG world as their character, and they're only allowed one character to make it more realistic -- it's actually really neat. Anyway, the point I was getting to was the main characters parents also play the game and remain a couple. I just thought it was really cute. Since this kind of game interests both of us, I thought maybe we could do something similar.... although I'd probably drag us down since I'm not very good at games. I'd be scared if we had to join up with other members.

I suppose it's all I can think of to do to be able to spend more time with him without having to take his games away. If I play with him, I think it'll create another place where we can connect.

No comments:

Post a Comment