29 April 2009

Church hunt. Flourist. Sister's help.

We booked our flight to Cali to go look for a church. I have a break between quarters, so we'll be there from June 17-22. Yubo's gonna take the time off, so hopefully we'll be able to secure a church that week. I'm still rooting for that church that's 6 minutes or so from my parents' house. Hopefully it's a nice one.

Turns out my mom was already thinking to have our flowers done by her best friend. So I'm gonna have to talk with her about what flowers we actually want to use and how much it'll cost. She was also talking about raffling off the flowers at the end of the night so we're not stuck with them.

My sister is going to be the person that tells people where to sit. So I need to work with her on the guest list and seating chart. She's also going to help me figure out music and entertainment for the night. She has connections with some DJs (probably from back when she wanted to be one herself), and I think we want to try to round up some A/S alumni to sing a bit. Thought that'd be really neat since A/S played such a huge part in my life. I'll talk it over with Yubo to see what he thinks of that. It'd be really awesome to have the first part of the night to be like a show, especially since we both have performance backgrounds.

My sister also assures me that she will never let my parents hire a Cambodian band. *whew* I wouldn't mind having a few Cambodian songs to dance to, but not a Cambodian band that has a female singer wearing a cowboy hat trying to sing "Kryptonite" -- I say that because it really happened. It was a painful night.

So as it stands now, I hope the guests will be able to enjoy a night of good live music along with some good DJing. I think this way we might be able to capture a good fusion of our cultures and backgrounds.

I suppose my sister is my liaison for these matters. I'm not sure if my parents fully understand what we'd like to do as far as combining stuff. For a moment, my dad didn't think they needed to be at the church wedding, and told Yubo's parents that they didn't need to be at the Chinese one. I really hope we can clear things up the week we visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment