18 April 2009

t3h planning. it b3ginz.

Now that we're just about caught up, I don't think there will be many versions anymore. So now we (read I) will be posting as things happen. Yubo says he'll blog on Monday. Now, he didn't say which Monday, so don't get your hopes up. Hopefully it happen soon. I want to read his version of things too. ^_^

A long while ago, I started an Excel sheet for our guest list to give us a central place where we could add people as we thought of them. He barely got to his side of the list a few weeks ago because my dad needed some numbers to make sure the restaurant he was thinking of would work for us.

Until just recently, we were waiting on my dad to find an auspicious date for our wedding. Since the new Chinese calendar hasn't come out yet, my mom told us to just pick a day. It wouldn't matter since we don't believe in lucky days anyhow, so we should find something that worked best for us.

The earliest we could get married is in March, but I didn't want our wedding anniversary and my birthday in the same month. So April, since we want it to happen asap. Easter next year will be April 4, so Pastor Wayne requested for after Easter. That left the 10th, 17th, and 24th. Yubo and I both don't like the 17th for some reason, and the 24th felt too late. So April 10, 2010 is our decided date (here's your electronic save-the-date, readers).

Now, don't jump for joy yet. My dad still needs to confirm reservations for the restaurant. I have a break between quarters which I'll spend down in Cali looking at churches. Once we find a church, we need to make sure they'll allow Pastor Wayne to marry us in their church. (A lot of churches won't allow outside pastors to perform weddings in their sanctuaries. Some will allow it after they check out the pastor.) One of the churches we're considering Pastor Wayne told us about. If we like it (which I hope we do because it's only 6 minutes away from my parents' house and about 12 or so minutes from the restaurant), I think it'll give us a better chance of getting Pastor Wayne in there to marry us.

Our friend Edith from church does flowers. We're still trying to figure out if we want to fly her down to do our flowers for us, or how that's going to work. I have the feeling that my wanting fake flowers isn't really gonna fly, so I need a backup with someone to do real flowers. LoL. Trying to figure out this whole inexpensive but still elegant balance to things.

So right now it's just a lot of waiting. I'm sure it's going to snowball into some huge ridiculous stressful mess. I'm gonna try my darnedest to avoid that as much as possible. The Chinese ceremony should be ok. I think my parents are handling most of that, and it's pretty laid back anyway. I'm concerned about the church stuff, and how we're going to combine our cultures into the reception.

Yubo's already being indecisive about things. I had an idea for our save-the-date cards. He really liked it, despite how crude my sample was, but he wanted to look for something else still. Problem is that he doesn't even have the slightest idea of what he wants to look for. ::sigh:: My fiancé. My dear wants-to-be-involved-but-refuses-to-make-anything-close-to-a-decision fiancé.

Because we're so opposite in our personality types, he doesn't understand why I want to preplan as much as possible to make things go more smoothly towards the end. He thinks, "We have a year. That's PLENTY of time," loveable procrastinator that he is.

I know there's a lot to learn about this planning stuff. Still need to decide if I'm going to try to buy my white gown or rent it. Need to figure out a budget for things. Figure out who's paying for what. Blah blah blah.

Royce and MyLe Yuen from church had a Chinese + Christian wedding like we're going to have. I think it'd be really good for us to talk with them and see how things were like for them. I think they're super busy though. They just had a baby. But hopefully there will be some time to talk with them.

Anyway, so that's where we're at now. I begin my diet plan on Monday. We'll see how this all goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment