03 April 2009

How we started dating.

Mochi's version.
When we first met, it was pretty immediate physical attraction. However, we were both already dating people. I think I was still with Koji, but we were already getting close to our breakup. So I was crushing on Yubo, but it wasn't anything serious. There was also this other girl in our V&M class that would have taken him during class if she could. It was pretty entertaining. I actually didn't interact with him much because of her -- I thought they were pursuing each other.

Sometimes we would walk out to our cars together. That's when I learned about his little Asian pseudo-ghetto girlfriend that didn't have any style. He took pride in dressing her because he had a great sense of style. I commented that I would love a guy like that since I have little to no fashion sense. So we didn't really make any effort to hang out. It was more a convenience thing and if it just happened that we were in the same place at the same time, and our conversations stayed pretty brief.

I was very disappointed to find out that he drank; he was going off one day on how wasted he was gonna get for his 21st. I was a million times more disappointed when I found out he smoked. In my head at the time, that really ruined any chances of dating for us. But for some reason, I still hung our with him from time to time.


After that semester ended, I don't think we saw much of each other at all. It wasn't until we randomly ran into each other again... maybe the semester after that? By now, I was already involved with Justin. Don't know how it all worked out, but eventually Yubo and I were having lunch together nearly every day. We were getting to be pretty good friends. Somewhere in there, I told him I was totally crushing on him that first semester, and he confessed that he liked me then too. We got a good laugh out of it, and wondered what would have happened if we told each other then.

Through the soap opera that was my relationship with Justin, Yubo would often try to cheer me up. Things continued to go downhill with J, but Yubo was always there to let me use his shirt as a hankie. I think we all knew what Yubo was trying to do (and he wasn't always entirely single throughout it all).

Went through a phase where Yubo and I started avoiding each other. I would get really annoyed with him. Yeah... I actually found him to be ridiculously irritating. I actually walked out on him while we were hanging out at Brea Mall. He said something that kinda pissed me off. I told him I was going to walk home. I believe he actually laughed at me. So I left him. Didn't actually walk home; I had J pick me up. That built more animosity between the two. ^^;; Despite all that, sometimes I still found myself calling him to hang out. And amazingly, he'd still want to hang out.

So..... blah blah blah. I initiated our first kiss. I felt really bad about it because he wasn't single at the time. He gave me the biggest load of bs, explaining how it wasn't cheating unless he initiated it. So we had our fun from time to time. Matt came and went. J came and went again. Mark came and went. Yubo was sprinkled in here and there. J.... lingered. I have to say that was the most agonizing and destructive breakup in my life. I was so ugly through it all. Yubo and J both told me that I'm really good at making guys feel bad. Well, I sure did use that skill then.

ANYWAY. All that passed. Somehow Yubo and I were finally single at the same time. It was finally ok to take such an interest in each other. We had an awesome New Year's, welcoming in 2005. I thought we became official on the 1st. He thought it was on the 14th (or something random like that). We settled on the 9th. And then we started celebrating those really dumb monthiversaries that couples do.

To some it all up, we really wanted to date each other since we met, really. However, either I had a bf or he had a gf or we were both dating someone already, so it just never worked out. We were horrible and cheated to be with each other from time to time. When we were finally single at the same time, we pretty much jumped at the chance to finally start dating officially. If you understood my little college relationship timeline, I cheated on nearly all of those guys at one point or another with Yubo. Now we have a joke that if I ever wanted to cheat on him, it'd have to be with him.

Yubo's version.
Coming soon.... maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment