21 April 2009

First dance song. Idea for wedding favors.

Right now we're in search of a song for our first dance. We've asked some friends to write songs for us because we're not impressed by the selection already out there. (BTW, if you would like to write a song for us, please let us know. It would really mean a whole lot to us.) Anyway, we were considering whether we should have the author sing it or if we should sing it ourselves (whatever song we choose). Since we've asked a few people, we thought it'd be really nice to make a CD of the songs written for us (assuming we receive a decent number of songs to warrant a CD).

Aside from pillow mints, we're not sure if we're going to do wedding favors. (Unless there's some significance to those rather fragrant fake flowers that guests receive at the door of the reception, I'm thinking I'd rather not pass out something so tacky.) Reading up on American wedding traditions, wedding favors often end up a waste of money.

But considering the music CD and the wedding favors, that lead to me thinking that it would be really neat if we took our favorite love songs and recorded our own versions of them. Put them on a CD and give them as wedding favors.

Now, the downside to that idea is that I'm not confident in my singing voice still. Also, by giving people this CD of us singing these covers, I don't want it to come off as.... I can't think of the word for it, but I think you know what I'm getting at. Especially because the music would really only be so special to us.

Any comments/suggestions/advice would be very much welcomed.

2 comments:

  1. disposable cameras at guest tables, for real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah! I read that somewhere. Totally forgot about that.

    ReplyDelete