25 January 2013

Prayer & Fasting: Days 10-12

Not too much to recount, either because not much happened, or I simply don't remember. So here are some brief highlights.

Wednesday
I got really sick from food poisoning or something, so I ended up spending the day resting. Didn't make Yubo breakfast, so asked him to make sure to get something himself.

I managed to go to the prayer gathering, where we prayed for the world, the country, and ourselves. I got cryptic visions from my two friends I was praying with. One got a vision of dish gloves transforming to heavy-duty work gloves, with the promise that God would provide these things for me. She also got Leviticus 19:22, "With the ram of the guilt offering the priest is to make atonement for him before the Lord for the sin he has committed, and his sin will be forgiven." The other got a vision of a sheet with large holes cut into it.

We have yet to really interpret it, but the front runners have to do with my role as a wife shifting... or just some domestic transition. I thought of the move down to California, and how that would mean I'd be working again.

The verse and the sheet may apply to our marriage somehow, or could have something to do with my dad. Or it could have nothing to do with anything.... like that fetus.

Thursday
I dragged myself out of bed to make Yubo breakfast, but didn't stay up with him. Went right back to bed until I had to go in to work. Had more work to do that anticipated, but got through it by temporarily adding "Hosanna Radio" to my boss' Pandora.

Friday
Again, I didn't get to make Yubo breakfast. Encouraged him to eat something healthy, specifically an apple, which he did not do.

I did some chores and projects around the house, worshiping and resting periodically, until it was time to go to the evening prayer gathering. SYTE kids were there -- man... I'm so bad with kids. I'm just really intimidated by them. Since I don't have a good sense of time and memory, especially regarding my own timeline, it's hard for me to remember how I was as a teenager or younger. And I suspect that when I talk to teens, I may use simpler words than I need to.... or come off as condescending. Yubo says I can come off like that to adults sometimes. How much worse is it, then, for impressionable young teens going through hormones!? Man.. I hope they don't hate me.

Anyway, I got through the hour.

Came home to Yubo eating the dinner he got for himself, listening to the new station I was trying out on Pandora. Eventually switched back to "Hosanna" because the songs coming up on the other station weren't really worship songs.

Yubo was getting restless, and started fussing with things. I asked if we could do something together, because I felt apart from him. Although he said he wouldn't be into reading or prayer, he agreed. So we decided to just start at the beginning of Mark, but our NIV translations were different. To see if we could reconcile translations, I went to grab my study bible.... and then decided to bring along my NKJV chronological study bible just for kicks.

We ended up reading each chapter between the two translations and all four gospels, and noting the differences. We only got through Jesus' temptation in the desert before Yubo got a little blip on his radio. Thankfully, he doesn't have to go out to a job.

We'll probably wrap up the night now, hopefully with prayer. Also hoping he doesn't get a call so he can come to acapella rehearsal tomorrow (even though he'll just be sitting in).

On a side note (sort of), it's been really awesome worshiping God through music throughout the entire day. It's a "different dynamic to life," I told Yubo. I know. That's pretty deep. Go ahead and let that sit for a while.




I feel like I won't need a "warm up" to worship on a Sunday morning anymore. Very basically, it just feels pretty amazing, and I certainly feel closer to God. Prayer is a bit harder, but not as hard as it normally would be.

Overall, as we get close to wrapping up this second week of prayer and fasting, it seems we're getting a lot of good out of it, and hopefully God is getting a whole lot of glory out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment