18 January 2013

Prayer & Fasting: Day 5

I've officially completely veered off my food plan for this time of fasting. But I'm personally still finding the electronic entertainment fast to be much more beneficial and fulfilling in providing me more time with God.

I am still trying to eat healthier, though, and feeling sick (despite not really being sick) is certainly helping with that.

The latest tough thing is realizing that during this week, when Yubo and I want to be together the most, his work has been keeping us apart. Tonight is his on-call shift, and at 11pm, he is 1hr 40min away from home. Not entirely unusual, but he's been unusually busy during a fairly slow season; he's also supposed to be with me at a doctor's appointment tomorrow. Thankfully, it's an afternoon appointment. A discreet ploy from the enemy? Who knows? But in any case, I'm trying to not be discouraged by it, and instead am trying to keep Yubo in prayer. I don't do that often enough.

Finally managed to bring myself to one of the evening prayer gatherings at the church office, and so glad that I went. It really is such a difference being in a room, surrounded by people that are also praying fervently.

I'd like to reach that level of prayer on my own. Sometimes I'm just awkwardly embarrassed with myself.

I did a stream of consciousness kind of thing, and I think a lot of good stuff came out of that, prompted by the Holy Spirit.

Generally, I'm also feeling better. Took my first dose of stuff that the allergist gave me, and the actual nasal spray he prescribed (rather than the sample of something else). Still get a bit of a cough, and sniffling like crazy, but not as stuff up as often.

Yubo says he's just got a bit of scratchy throat left.

So an answered prayer in progress. Hoping our voices will be closer to 100% for Sunday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment