27 January 2013

Prayer & Fasting: Day 14

Two weeks with no electronic entertainment (except for last night)!

It's been surprisingly easy. And Yubo and I continue to see a difference in our relationships with God and each other.

We were late to church because my stomach was still causing problems, but made it for the majority of the message. The message and worship today felt a bit refreshed and revived -- a little more energy than we've been used to lately. So it was awesome to see that, and certainly praise God for what He's doing in our church in answer to our prayers and obedience to Him.

We shared a brief "God sighting" on video that will be used next week as Lighthouse celebrates 12 years. Then after lunch, we joined P.Nancy and Tina at a Cambodian church in Seattle.

When P.Nancy told me it was a Cambodian church, I thought it was an English-speaking church full of Cambodian people, just like how Lighthouse is predominantly Japanese-American. This was an actual Cambodian church, and it was really interesting/entertaining/fun to see God in this culture. We greeted people like I do at family gatherings. And hearing the language was nostalgic. Of course, everyone that learned that I was half wanted to know if I spoke or understood. Thank you, mom, for teaching me how to say, "I don't understand/speak." Another highlight was hearing my Cambodian name used, even though I really don't have a Cambodian name -- my aunt translated my Chinese name when I was younger and complaining that I didn't have a cool Cambodian name like my cousins.

I love hearing worship songs in different languages, and hearing a few familiar songs in Cambodian was no different. It really just amazes me how universal prayer and worship are.

I was sitting away from Yubo, so I didn't get to see his reactions through the service. He says he found it interesting.

Straight from there, we went right into small group, which was lively as usual, and filled with great discussion and learning. We really like this group, and it's sad that it's taken us this long to experience such a group. But I suppose we can say this is just God continuing to equip us with things and experiences to bring down with us to California (which, so far, is still confirmed).

It's early in the night, but we're both exhausted -- from a lot of good things, but still exhausted. Hoping to use some of the night for deeper prayer, but it may end up being another exception night.

No comments:

Post a Comment