23 January 2013

Prayer & Fasting: Day 9

Yubo was able to come home early, and it was so good to spend time with him.

We got some things done around the house that I've wanted for a while, like install the iron caddy onto the closet door, and start packing another box for storage.

Then we just sat together with worship music on, talking about things that came to mind -- everything from church, our own worship styles and preferences, California -- and singing and sharing songs.

At the end of the night, we spent another hour or so praying specifically and discussing what came up. Some cryptic stuff, but a few more things became more clear.

Although we'll keep praying about several things, here are the main things we got from the night:
  • God was pleased with what we were doing.
    • But since we were doing this in such an usually free form, Yubo felt we needed to spend time in the Bible first in order for God to speak more clearly to us.
  • Something about Cambodia (from Yubo) -- either a mission, or sponsoring a child, or perhaps the possible trip this October -- and how that might be the step to share the gospel with my family
  • Something about a baby (the really cryptic one from me). I had a very heavy heart, and when I asked for clarification, I got one of those black and white images of a baby in a womb. My initial reaction was fear. When I asked for more clarification, I didn't get anything, and the heaviness eventually went away. Discussing this with Yubo, we have a number of theories:
    • He really wants us to have a baby, [and isn't pleased with the birth control].
    • He's telling us even if we try, we won't be able to have a baby.
    • If we try, I may miscarry.
    • It might be linked to Cambodia -- my heavy heart for the suffering and need over there, and how I wanted to sponsor a child a few years ago.
After trying to sort all of that out, we decided to end the night specifically focusing on California:
  • Yes (from me)
  • March (from Yubo)
  • Working in or involved in the church again (from me), specifically worship (from Yubo)
  • Nothing clear about whether Yubo should stick with plumbing or find another occupation until we're settled in the store (except for what we got above).
  • My first few weeks to a month down there (assuming, since Yubo wasn't in the vision), I might start going to Evergreen and invite my mom to come to services with me (from me). Yubo saw us in Anaheim.
So Yubo says we'll plan for that for now, and continue to pray about it until the end of these 21 days.

I just think it's really cool what we did and what we got. Unfortunately, I question Yubo's faith more than I should. But being able to spend time with him this way really reveals to me who he is in his faith, and that he's not just spouting the "right answers" anymore.

God is so good and so faithful. He blesses us so much, and we're so thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment