22 January 2013

Prayer & Fasting: Day 8

It's always fun to see when God just lines things up. Yubo and I both had our own "connect-the-dots" moments on Monday.

Unfortunately, I don't completely remember what his was about. I'm so horrible at remembering things sometimes, and I'll be honest, I wasn't in a great mood with him when he started talking so I may have just been filtering him out. LoL. But it was something about the perceived complacency of our church, and that at least the leaders feel a stirring and want it, but might not necessarily know what to do about it.

Mine was a connection between what we felt Sunday morning that didn't happen, and what we were asked to pray about Monday evening at the prayer gathering. Sunday morning, we sang "Rescue," and I felt at some point that something needed to be said. It was a bit of a rough morning -- the congregation wasn't visibly responding to things, and I was concerned. But the song came and went, and we finished the set and the service. That was part of the discussion with P.Keith over lunch, and he felt that too. I emailed our team, and was confirmed to not be timid, and to take hold of those opportunities. Last night, we were asked to pray about proclaiming -- to be bold, to spread the good news. So my moment was God very clearly saying, "Stop holding back."


So we had our own moments, but I feel like we're not having too many moments as a couple. And that's unsettling for me. Just feeling that we're still really disjointed.

When Yubo came home last night, we were put in a weird mood. We both were slightly overreacting to an exchange we were having over when I should start taking my bc pills because I'm still on antibiotics. (I'm going to call my doctor today to clear things up.) Then I seemed to just be irritated by him in general.

However, we were actually able to resolve it by the end of the night fairly quickly. We addressed what happened, acknowledged our positions and feelings, and for the most part, sorted out and resolved things. Don't know if anything will come of it -- we touched on some things that are recurring issues -- but the hope is there that God will continue to guide us through our issues.

For Yubo, his irritant that night was how, yet again, I was not understanding what he was trying to explain to me. I suspected it might be because he'll launch into an explanation assuming I know/understand things he thinks I should. Then we realize that I don't, and he has to back track and re-explain things, and it just takes forever and we both get frustrated. So I told him to check in with me first the things he thinks I should know already. He said he didn't want to come off as sounding like he thinks I'm dumb, but I told him to just do that and let me clear up the things I do know. And I'll try not to be offended, and if I am, he'll try to not be upset by it.

My irritant was how he comes off as not caring about himself or his health. He has this nasty cough that won't let up, and he was complaining about needing a drink. I told him to drink something warm, and he just went straight for a Mountain Dew. When he's sick, he doesn't do things to take care of himself. He continues on as if he's not sick (soda, energy drinks, McDonald's), but complains that he's not getting better. And when I try to do things to take care of him, sometimes I feel brushed off (like him going for a Mt.Dew instead of something warm). He seemed receptive to that, so hopefully he'll be more aware of that as he continues to heal up. He indulged me (reluctantly) by gargling salt water before bed.

I think now that we're both, for the most part, feeling better, we'll be able to start focusing on coming together under God's will and seeking after Him together instead of just individually.

No comments:

Post a Comment