18 January 2013

Prayer & Fasting: Day 4

Another tough start. Yubo was supposed to wake up at 5:30am to go to a training meeting so he could make an inspection at 11am. When my alarm went off at 7:45am, he was still in bed.

Because I wasn't expecting him to eat breakfast, I didn't prepare anything. But I encouraged him to eat breakfast on his own. Hopefully he did.

My throat is sore and raw from the nasal spray the allergist gave me yesterday. It woke me up several times, and sent me into horrible coughing fits. So I texted Yubo that I would probably veer from my meal plan to foods that would soothe my throat.

I had ice cream for breakfast. LoL. Thankfully, we had a carton of lactose-free vanilla ice cream. Chicken noodle soup is on the stove right now. I probably won't add my usual Tabasco sauce to it, and have crackers for the extra bit of salt and substance.

"Hosanna" radio is turned up on my laptop as I type this, to focus my heart and mind on God instead of this scratchy throat and stuffy nose. I'm not sick. It's just these darn allergies. But my mind almost wants me to think that I'm sick. But I have to go in to work today. And I need to get those prescriptions from the allergist filled so I can alleviate these things. So I'm not going to let my mind pretend my body is sick and get me to stay home.

It sounds like an awkward thing to have to fight, but for me, it's not unusual. I've routinely used illness to get me out of doing all sorts of things, and instead, laze around at home. But not so this time. Just got to rewire my brain a little bit.

---
 I left this to add more, but I don't remember what I wanted to write. I went to work, and we had worship rehearsal.

Yubo told me that he's just been feeling so exhausted, so that's why he'd kind of pushed prayer aside. He was also feeling overwhelmed by having such a busy weekend scheduled. So I sent him to bed, and I spent 15min on my knees praying for both of us and got a few answers. Unfortunately, they don't do too much to lighten Yubo's plans this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment