21 September 2010

Mission: Make Time for Each Other

Today was perhaps the longest day I've had in a very long time. Sporadically waking up throughout the previous night left me sleepy all day. Accounting was 12:30-2:40p with a teacher that I have mixed feelings about. Despite my original plans to stay on campus during my 5hr break between classes, I had to come home to drop off a gift basket I made for my boss. Spending the rest of the time at home allowed me to see Yubo for 20min before having to leave for class. Math from 7:50-10:00p. The teacher this time seems great. A little snag about textbooks, but not something that can't be solved.

I had to pick up gas on my way home, and ramps closed and the ridiculousness of Bellevue not having easy-to-find gas stations and the stupidity of my Magellen gps (I really really REALLY miss my Garmin... I'm going to have to harass Yubo's brother to send it back to me) already got me started.

The idea of having to pick up food before going home became an increasingly annoying chore. I started to really sympathize with Yubo during those nights when all I do is call him to see when he's coming home because I'm hungry. This experience inspires me to have chicken in the slow cooker at least on Tuesdays and Thursdays so that I don't have to worry about food when I get home after class.

Now that I have school, there's more for me to do without sitting around waiting for Yubo. Unfortunately, I think we're already handling this in a bad way.

Yubo is yet again consumed by StarCraft. When I was trying to talk to him, now that I still missed him during the day, his lack of response flared my irritation from before. He's apologized before, explaining that nearly every time I try to talk to him, he's in a big battle. I joked before that he needed to stop fighting. Love and peace.

Anyhow, it's beginning as I feared. He's busy with work and being consumed by games and television again. I have a full load of school on top of cat fights and trying to keep the house from getting any messier. Now it's not only him that won't seem to make time for me. Coming home tired from a late night math class and trying to talk to him when he's not responding makes me not want to interact with him either. So there he is on his laptop and headphones plugged in playing StarCraft, and here I am about 5ft away on my laptop blogging about how we're not spending any time together.

It's been that the only time I can get him away from that game is to ask him a favor (help me take out the trash, help me load this thing of laundry, help me with something), and even then it's, "Ok. Let me finish this battle."

I'm scared for us.

Thankfully, we are meeting with P.Wayne for a "6 month checkup." This idea came about when I talked with him about seeking a counselor for myself, and I ended up talking more about my concerns about our marriage. My new fear is that Yubo will get caught up in some ridiculous job and miss the meeting. But I'm trying to have faith that he won't let that happen, and that we'll have this checkup and it will be an intense eye-opener for both of us (because I'm not going to hold back, and I hope he doesn't either), and we can start on a more straight path towards a better marriage and life together.

No comments:

Post a Comment