05 September 2010

Being a paranoid mother?

Yubo was particularly difficult to wake this morning, so we ended up not going to church. As I sat reading a marriage book that someone gave us, Chiyo and Tifa were having a typical spat in the background.

I let them have at it, and Tifa came away with a funny looking paw. I soon realized she was bleeding, and saw that one of her claws looked like it was bent back. So I freaked out and called the vet, writing down the number for emergencies they have recorded on their answering machine. Called them and explained what I saw. Even though she was walking around normally and didn't seem to be in too much pain, they told me to bring her in.

The piece of the nail that I saw was found detached in the carrier. It just looked like a sheath, like what would normally be shed, though the full size of a claw and a little bloody. The nurse (or "tech," as I heard them referred as in this place) took Tifa to the doctor just to look at, in hopes that not much would need to be done and Tifa would be taken care of for free. Unfortunately, they found that it was actually a split nail. It looked horrible and really painful, but she wasn't bleeding much anymore.

They were so busy, so even after waiting for about an hour, they suggested I leave her there so they can get to her when they can. It seemed there was only one doctor there and they were unusually busy, and the second doctor didn't come in until 2:00p (it was around noon at the time I left).

So now I'm sitting here, anxiously waiting for them to call me to pick her up. The tech told me they might not get to her until around 4:00p. I feel really bad because I didn't get to say anything to Tifa before the tech carried her away. But I left my jacket in the carrier, so hopefully that will let her know that I will come back to get her.

I think it was a good thing we didn't make it to church, because that could have happened while we were gone. It might be a little pricey to fix her up, but it shouldn't set us back too badly. And Yubo says maybe this will teach her to stop picking fights with Chiyo.

No comments:

Post a Comment