13 September 2010

Living Room Makeover: Phase I

The couches were successfully moved out of our place and into the home of my dear friends, Carol and George. Carol went to high school with me, and although we never really hung out with each other, we maintained a fairly good friendship. It was a huge surprise to find her married and living in Kent (at the time she found me on FB).

Anyhow, they were fabulous enough to save us the $40 removal fee that we were planning for the large couch. They got the couch and loveseat for the cost of renting a U-Haul, and we have an open living room to prep for our new recliner sofa (whenever that arrives).

I'm excited to have the living room mostly cleared so I can rearrange things into a more suitable layout. And Yubo is ridiculously excited to have a reclining sofa.

Unfortunately, although our salesguy told us that shipment was scheduled for 9/11, we haven't received any updates or calls yet. And he hasn't replied to any of my e-mails, so I think we'll have to call the distribution center and see what's going on. Luckily, the distribution center is down in Kent, so it's not like we have to wait for our sofa to travel across states.

Perhaps because the couches are gone, Yubo has gone back to playing Star Craft. The only seating we have out here now are a fitness ball (which I'm sitting on at the moment), a keyboard bench, and the chairs that go to the dining table -- none of which allow Yubo to lean back, which was the whole purpose of getting a recliner (because he's so darn stubborn about sitting properly).

I'm going to have Carol (and maybe George?) over again some time this week to help me clean up and rearrange this living room. My eyes are particularly on the perimeter of the room, where we've shoved that majority of our belongings to keep the center of the room clear.

A good thing is that the cats don't seem too lost without the couches. Perhaps the most fuss is coming from Tifa, but I can't tell if it's anything about the couches or if she's still worrying over Chiyo.

p.s. I've concluded that Tifa really does like Chiyo and just wants to play, while Chiyo still would rather have nothing to do with her. But it's only been 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment