05 February 2013

We talked.

Sometimes I want to say, "Lord, stop stirring things up and making trouble!" LoL. But I know it's good.

I stopped Yubo before he fired up the Xbox, and I poured out my heart (and eyes) to him. I really didn't mean to cry, and I feel really bad about it. But I said the things I felt needed to be said and asked, and he gave me honest answers.

The bulk of everything unanswered boiled down to, "When we ask God for things, how much to we really mean it?" and, more importantly, "What do we really want?"

I told him that I'm not at the point yet where I'm really ready to hand over my entire life to God, but I do want MORE of Him. I'm giving Yubo more time to think it through, but told him I wouldn't let up and would ask him again tomorrow or in a few days.

I think he's upset.... and I'm trying to not be hurt by that, because it tells me that this is important.

Despite the very obvious tension right now, I feel ok. This is a big step in our faith, that apparently God thinks we're ready for. And I guess I have peace that we'll come out on the right side of this. Of course, I'll continue to pray about it. And I would certainly appreciate your prayers for us as well, dear reader.

-----
And of course, this is the devotion I find when I finally check my email: http://www.proverbs31.org/devotions/good-wife-2013-02/

No comments:

Post a Comment