04 February 2013

Prayer & Fasting: Days 20 & 21

It's become much easier to just be with each other, without trying to find distractions to fill the space between us. And we've just become emotionally closer (at least on my side).

Sunday was amazing. Second service was filled before we got there, and we were less than 5 minutes late. The congregation was so engaged, and I got to enjoy just being a part of the congregation. Personally, I was more engaged. I wasn't scared about worshiping out in the audience the way I do on stage... or at least closer to it. Prayers were moving, the message was enlivened. It was neat to see how many people stayed after for the luncheon to break the fast.



I will admit, Yubo and I did not do so great afterward. We went to Best Buy, and Yubo got a new game (always dangerous). I ate Taco Del Mar for lunch (since we didn't fast from food, and the soup and fruits from the luncheon, though delicious, weren't enough for me), and we got Mongolian for dinner.

I spent loads of time "catching up" on FB and Instagram. I was mixed about it. I decided I had two options: either take the night catching up, and then back off again; or ease back in slowly. I opted for the former, and I think that works better for me. Where I was mixed was having the feeling of needing to catch up in the first place. 

Yubo ended up playing his game until just after 1am, where we had been going to bed before midnight during the 21 days. I actually lost track of time because I was researching moving cost estimates.

I also made the mistake of not having my "Hosanna Radio" playing. So I have it on again now.

At the very least, we prayed before sleeping.


So we will see how we do today. Last night, we both recognized what we did, and resolved to be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment