06 February 2013

Beer makes all things better?

I called him while I was at the market, and was relieved that, 1) he answered his phone, and 2) he didn't sound angry/upset/annoyed.

So the entertaining thing to me is, whenever I want to make amends with him, usually the first thing I do is buy him a beer. More often than not, it's a can of Sapporo; but sometimes I'll "splurge" on a case of Sam Adams. When I say "sometimes," I think this is only the second time it's happened.

I'm not sure how a beer became my go-to peace offering. I suppose part of it is me trying to be more open-minded about beer in general, which, although I have a ways to go, I've come pretty far in my views and feelings toward the stuff. And the other is that I understand to some degree how much Yubo enjoys a cold beer after a long day at work..... or something to that extent that media has embedded into our brains.

Why can't that be done with water or some other liquid? I have no idea. But whatever. I've learned that he is no longer a college frat pledge (or did he actually join?) that drank to get drunk. And watching videos of brewers showing how to appreciate a beer helps open my eyes further to this other side of alcohol.

Anyway, all that aside, I'm also trying my best to learn more about the things he enjoys, and respect them (if they're respectable), and show him that he's important to me. So I guess my way of doing that is a peace offering that involves something that I'm not entirely comfortable with, and showing that I'm willing to put forth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment