27 June 2009

Healthier Living: Week 1

Mochi's Nutrisystem - Week 1
Starting weight = 155lbs

Day 1
Breakfast was NS Blueberry Muffins, Yoplait Pineapple Upside-down Cake yogurt, and a nectarine. The muffins were surprisingly good. A little dense, and not as moist as I would have liked, but overall pretty good. Lucky, cuz I ordered 7 of them. Had to drink water with the muffins to compensate for the lack of moisture. The yogurt wasn't as good as I'd hoped. Didn't have enough pineapple flavor. And the nectarine was about a week old, so it lacked a lot of flavor as well.

Lunch was NS Chicken Noodle Soup. Again, surprisingly good. Decent amount of flavor. Kinda skimped on the chicken, but oh well. If I really want to, I'd be allowed to add another ounce of chicken to it. I didn't pick out the celery and carrots like I normally would have, so I actually finished the entire thing. The noodles were a weird texture, but not horrible. I also planned to have carrots and cucumber along with it, but my cucumber had already spoiled (a week old, and I didn't wrap it properly). So I just had carrots. I already screwed up by have 2T of peanut butter with my carrots when I'm only allowed 1t. And then I had Chocolate Silk.

I missed my afternoon snack, so I just added it into dinner.

Dinner was NS Lemon Butter Chicken with Noodles. I had to pick out the mushrooms, which Yubo ate for me, but after that it was really good. Yubo and I both had Caesar salad (with light dressing)... which I actually shouldn't have had since I already used up my fat serving with the peanut butter. But now I know how not to screw up. =P Also had Crystal Light Peach Mango Green Tea to drink. Sure hope that's ok. I'll have to ask about that too. My sister just adds lemon to her water.

Dessert was NS Chocolate Cake, paired with the strawberry yogurt and strawberries I planned for afternoon snack. The choco cake was really quite yummy. Like the muffins, it was dense and a little dry, but the strawberries and yogurt really helped.

Was able to play Wii Fit for about 15 minutes instead of my usual 30. Didn't plan ahead well enough. But I'm glad I was able to do some.

It was a little weird because I spread out all of those meals, which had me eating something ever hour or so (except when I missed my snack, so I was super hungry by the time I was able to eat dinner). Also, I read that this food can make you really bloated and gassy. Yikes! Tell me about it. It happened as soon as I ate the muffins in the morning.

---

Day 2
Breakfast was NS Cinnamon Swirl Granola Bar. Not very flavorful, and very very dry. First thing I've eaten that I would say tastes like cardboard. Drank Choco Silk with it, so that helped a bit. I'll wait a bit, and finish off breakfast with the rest of the strawberries from last night.

Switching up my menu today. Had a dinner entree for lunch, and I'll have a lunch bar for dinner. So for "lunch" I had the NS Thick Crust Pizza. Thank you, Lord, it was super yummy. Tasted like a pizza bagel. Had some mixed berries Crystal Light, which was also good. Tried the NS Sour Cream & Onion Soy Chips.... very boo. Tasted like really really bland rice crackers. But I am ridiculously happy that the pizza was good.

I totally cheated on dinner today. Someone bought Jack in the Box and McDonald's for us at The Well tonight. So I had about 5 fries, a bite of a hamburger, and half a chicken sandwich. I did eat whatever lettuce and tomato was on it though, which I never do. I was really hungry though, and was sad that my Soy Chips were yucky because they were supposed to help tie me over. After The Well, I had the NS Chocolate Raspberry Bar. Not bad at all. Didn't love it, but I'd have no problem eating it again. Stopped by the store on the way home and bought a chicken Caesar salad to cover my veggie servings for the day. Yubo got himself a salad too.

Yubo's really proud of me for eating so many salads without putting up much of a fuss. He almost let me cheat more today because he was craving fries (seriously... after 11:00p he gets pregnant) instead of his usual pineapple cravings, but the McDonald's he went to was already closed. Lord, thank you for keeping us healthy.

Didn't get too much exercise today except for what little dancing I did at The Well. Still gotta plan better. Maybe work out in the morning or afternoon instead of trying to wait 'til evening.

---

Day 3
Cheating all day, mostly because I was very concerned about my eating schedule today. We were on worship today, which meant we were up at 6:30a. I would have only had a breakfast bar... no yogurt or fruit because I forgot to put the ice pack in the freezer. That would have left me with nothing to eat until 2:30p, which is when I got out of my massage appointment. Eight hours on just one breakfast bar? I think not. So Yubo allowed me to have a cheat day. I'll start back on my Nutrisystem food tomorrow.

I'm giving myself 2 cheat days a month, especially since the food supply only lasts 28 days anyway. But I'm going to try to make those cheat days as healthy as possible. Hopefully I'll still be able to keep it up in Hawaii.

---

Day 4
Had the NS Chocolate Chip Granola Bar for breakfast. Thankfully, it was pretty good. Doesn't compare to the Quaker Oats one I usually eat, but it's good enough that I don't regret ordering 7 of them. Also had a yogurt... I think it was the Yoplait Light Blueberry Harvest. Pretty good.

Lunch was a very inedible NS Noodles with Chicken and Vegetables. Even Yubo couldn't eat it. So after a bite of that, I had a chicken Caesar salad and 1/2 c of Egg Beaters. I really wanted a boiled egg, but it would've taken me too long to make and I had to get to work.

Dinner was NS Spaghetti with Meat Sauce, and it was actually rather good. The sauce was a touch too tangy for my tastes, but overall it was good to eat. Finished dinner with a peach, a salad and light Caesar dressing, and two plums.

Dessert was the NS Fudge Brownie. I don't think there was much difference between it and the Chocolate Cake. Dense, a little dry, but ok to eat.

Overall, I just missed lunch and a fruit serving for the day. Haven't been exercising though. =/

---

Day 5
I'm sick! I was already having issues with my throat last night. This morning I was coughing like crazy. Didn't get up until noon. I had the NS Nutrifrost Crunch cereal with vanilla Silk for breakfast. It was yummy. Would probably want to add my fruit serving to make it a bit more interesting and filling in the future.

NS Chicken Noodle Soup for lunch, hoping it might have the same benefits as regular chicken noodle soup for a sad sick person like me. Putting off my dairy/protein, fruit and veggie servings because the cough and sore throat make me not want to eat anything I have.

Dinner was NS Flatbread Pizza. Very yummy, although I think I like the Thick Crust Pizza better since it tastes like a pizza bagel. Yubo brought me some V8 that I used to fill up all my fruit and veggie servings. Also munched on some cucumbers with a little bit of light ranch dressing.

Had a very delicious NS Blueberry Lemon Bar for dessert. Yubo agreed that it was really really good. (I let him have a tiny bite.)

I still had three dairy/protein servings to fill, so I decided to cook up some beef. Yubo went out and bought some flank, and I cooked us cubed beef with a little bit of oyster sauce and lemon juice. I had 3 oz, and Yubo got to eat the rest.

No exercise again, especially due to being sick. ::sigh:: I miss playing Wii Fit.

---

Day 6
Ridiculously sick. Threw up a little bit, coughing hurts like crazy (but I managed not to cough most of the time), fever, and super dizzy. No Nutrisystem today. Had a couple spoons of condensed chicken noodle soup that I couldn't even taste. Slept a whole lot. Yubo bought me some bread. I had a slice and cucumber water (which I also couldn't taste). Slept a little more. Then Yubo made me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a glass of V8. I only had appetite enough to eat half of it. Took some Tylenol Cold and Oscillococcinum.

---

Day 7
Weighed myself today even though I'm actually supposed to weigh tomorrow. Oh well. I'll do it again tomorrow. Anyhow....

Weight = 150lbs!!

I already lost 5 pounds in one week. Could easily be due to not eating much yesterday, but I'm still surprised after cheating as much as I did. We'll see if this goes up tomorrow on my actual weigh day.

I haven't eaten anything yet today. Probably gonna stick to bread and water again since I'm still sick. No fever, but I'm still coughing and a bit dizzy. I'll probably eat the other half of my PB&J sandwich that Yubo lovingly made for me.

I wonder what I'll eat during my 9 days in Hawaii with Alex. She can probably help me stay healthy even if I don't bring my Nutrisystem stuff. I wanna be able to eat out with her. Then when we get home, I plan to have alligator on a stick at Bite of Seattle. So I'll start my Nutrisystem again after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment