28 August 2011

My Favorite Things: Openness

Unlike me, Yubo is very open to new things. He's always willing to humor me, or just laugh at me, when I get in the mood to think up crazy inventions. I feel bad that I don't always do the same for him. Or he's open to new ideas concerning topics he already had an established stand on, or topics he's never cared before to think about.

He's got a great imagination, and I really need to learn how to encourage and nurture that rather than constantly bursting bubbles and dragging him back to Earth. If he'll let me come up with ridiculous inventions, I should let him entertain crazy business ideas. :P

Although there are many things that he doesn't really think of on his own, he's open to start thinking about things that I might bring up. I think it's really cool that he does that, but also tend to wonder how he hadn't already thought about certain topics. Please excuse the extreme vagueness, but I can't think of specifics at the moment.

Similar to how we can talk about anything (and that will probably be my next post), I'm rarely afraid to bring up something new to him. And if I am afraid, that's just from my own embarrassment because he quickly puts me at ease, letting me know that I can say anything and he won't judge me for it. Seeing this in him makes me want to strive to be the same for him. It's one of the many things that he balances me in, but I'm drawn to be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment