05 August 2011

My Favorite Things: Full Support

Just like how I had "The struggles we've overcome" mini series, I wanted to do this one for a while. Some entries will probably echo what I've said in the past, like how I'll probably write again about how we can talk about anything, but I wanted to keep everything in an easy to find series.

I also feel that this is a good reminder at a year and 4 months. So I think I will try to do this weekly (daily is too ambitious), even if I happen to be upset about anything.

Here we go. The first of my favorite things about Yubo: his full support.

At the moment it's really easy to talk about how supportive he is of me. With my quitting my job a month early, to the surgery, to going back to school, Yubo has been >99% supportive all the time. I say that because he was a bit reluctant at my quitting early.

He works so hard to provide with a good life. More specifically, to provide me with a good life. Unfortunately, my gratitude, though bountiful, isn't always outwardly shown. I really need to change that. But I guess I'm afraid of thanking him so much that it loses its meaning. But that doesn't mean that I don't thank him when I'm thankful. I just don't say it outright when there isn't anything immediate to say it for.

Anyway, his heart for me is humbling. He always wants what's best for me, and he always wants me happy. He lets me make mistakes to learn from, but he's also there by my side to pick me up from them. I really could say he's like a father, but that'd be really gross to think of him like that. But it does show that he would be an excellent father, if we ever choose to have kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment