24 January 2011

Progress.

It appears that Yubo will not start that field sup position any time soon. Apparently they hired an outside guy for that 3rd field sup, and so Yubo will stay a tech. Still uncertain about schedules and income though.

My job search continues. I got that voice acting gig. Fun times, and scored $100. It made Yubo feel like he should have submitted something. :P

I also got a phone interview with a front desk position for a nursing home last Wednesday. I feel like the interview went really well, but I have yet to hear a yea or nay. They said they would contact me at the end of the week (last week) or the beginning of next week (this week just starting). So I'm hoping for a call tomorrow or Tuesday with some sort of confirmation. I'm actually really hopeful for this job -- not just that it will be good supplementary income, but that it will help me grow as a person and as a Christian.

The position is still listed on the employment section of their website, so I'm praying that this is where God wants me.

However, I still browse craigslist for listings. Found something about a makeup artist. Gonna see if I can't throw together a bunch of makeovers for some before and after pictures to submit some time this week. I think makeup artistry is something I would still want to do aside from a regular job.

I may also keep up with random gigs. That VA gig really was a lot of fun. And the sound guy seemed pleased enough to mention that there can be quite a bit of work up here. Yubo and I figure that he wouldn't have mentioned that if I wasn't at least decent. He even told me directly that I have a really pleasant voice. LoL. It reminded me of back in college when some friends told me I have a good phone voice. And it also reminded me of how I dream of doing anime dubs in hopes that it wouldn't be quite so horrible anymore. :P

So we're better than we were in that last post. A few other stresses are popping up, but I'm trying to be more diligent about prayer. I can only trust that Yubo is spending time in prayer as well (I really hope he is)(I wish we would pray together).

No comments:

Post a Comment