26 January 2011

Follow-Up.

Well, emotions ran quite high tonight. It's frustrating because I didn't intend them to. ::sigh::

But we're not taking a step back from our relationship. I mean, we're not going backwards.

Some old things came up again, but with a bit of new insight. He reminded me of things that he's wanted from me (that he told me a long time ago, but never in such a way that sounded doable). For example, concerning the physical intimacy (not sex), he would love to have me hold his hand more often or hang on his arm. When he first said that, and I still feel this way now, I told him that I can't bring myself to do it. The reason is because then I feel like the nerdy fat girl obsessed with the hot popular jock. It doesn't make for a pretty picture, and only lowers my status more.

My responses to the few things he brought up continued to go back to a single point: I feel unnoticed and insignificant.

As the tension between us rose, Yubo was smart enough to call it a night. And I was smart enough to listen to him. There are still things to revisit, but now we're getting a better handle on when to stop. Not everything needs to be settled in a single discussion, and I'm happy that I finally understand that. I'm sure Yubo's glad for that too.

What helped the most at the end of the night was him saying, "We'll get through this," as we hugged. Such a simple phrase, but so reassuring at that moment. And it's true. We will get through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment