19 March 2010

Yay for good friends!

Just a little quickie update.

My darling girl Alex has been struggling with her health and all sorts of financial complications. Because of that, I felt that it was much more important for her to focus on getting healthy. So a week or so ago I had to find a replacement bridesmaid.

The first (and only) person that popped into my head was my best girl friend back in junior high and into high school. We actually grew pretty far apart as I got more involved in show choir and she with the clubs she was involved in. She developed closer relationships with people I didn't know so well, but I somehow managed to keep her in my life somewhat.

I must admit that I was quite amazed that she said yes to being a bridesmaid so last minute. She has her life going on, and we really don't ever talk. But I guess I always felt she would be one of those friends that would always be there, even if we only connected once every year or so. Neat, huh?

I feel so blessed knowing that I have a friend like her still. She is just on a whole other level than I am, so it's humbling to have someone like her as a constant in my life.

All of my bridesmaids (including Alex, even though she can't be there) are so incredible. It astounds me that they could associate themselves with me. God truly has surrounded me with amazing people, even if they're a few states away (or across the country). I just feel so honored to know them.

No comments:

Post a Comment