27 March 2010

2 weeks to go.

Yikes! But there's too much other stuff going on for me to freak out about only the wedding. However, I did have a bad dream that it was the day of the wedding and my dress still was not done. Fun times.

Wedding Dress
I'm kinda freaked out by this. Friends are just about horrified that I have no idea what the dress looks like. Unfortunately, nobody down there seems to be able to send me a picture. A little frustrating, but oh well. Mrs. Crumly keeps telling me that it looks really pretty, but I'm terrified that her idea of pretty and mine might not match up. Too much watching "Say Yes to the Dress." What she has described to me doesn't sound entirely horrible, but not exactly how I imagined either. Apparently there are little flowers in the lace? And there are flowers that line up straight in the front even though it's an asymmetrical design? Yikes. I'm scared.

First Dance
Yubo simply has not had the time or energy to rehearse with me. I really want this completely choreographed before we fly down so that all we do in L.A. is polish. I told him that I can't seem to get my pride out of the way on this one. If it's not up to the standard that I'm hoping, I may not be comfortable doing it at all. I know.... that's really dumb of me. But I'm going to have quite a few people from high school and college that remember when I was something like a "dancer." Ugh. We'll see if I can get over myself in time. (But I saw a video of myself dancing for The Well and was horrified that I looked so bad.)

The Kids
I've been struggling to find boarding for Ellie and Tifa that we can afford. This will be the longest we've ever been away from them. I wanted to keep them here at home so it's not quite a horrible experience for them. Our vet assistant has not returned my email or phone call, and the total cost of boarding at the place we usually go to will be over $900.

Alex has offered to help for a week, but I pretty much turned her down. She's got so much stuff going on and hardly has any down time for herself. I remember she told me once that one of the reasons her cat doesn't live with her is because she's not home enough.

Carol let me know that she might be able to visit the house every other day, which is pretty much all we need. I'm REALLY hoping it'll work out for her. Otherwise I don't know what to do. Every other friend we have that would be willing to help is either allergic to cats, super duper busy, or lives too far away.

Prepping for the trip
I already hate traveling. This is probably going to be the worst for me. We're going to be away for so long that I have to make absolutely sure that everything is taken care of during our absence. I already scheduled a hold on our mail. I need to make sure all the dishes are washed and put away. I need to make sure all the trash is taken out. Laundry needs to be done so we have all the clothes needed to pack. I'm probably going to find a way to move the litter boxes out of the closet and close off the bedroom from the cats. I don't want to come home to find Tifa so upset that she soaks the entire bed in her urine.

But if Carol visits, I'll feel better about the house and the cats being safe. She can make the house still look lived in.

And of course, I have to figure out the best way to pack. I don't know why, but Yubo insists on bring at least 5 pairs of jeans. I'm gonna try my darnedest to talk him out of it because his jeans take up a lot of room. Also, he's probably going to be in board shorts most of the time in Hawaii. I don't care if he wants variety to wear in L.A. I don't want to have to worry about that much luggage. We are, however, considering shipping our luggage to the resort in Kauai because of that 7hr layover we have in Honolulu. Don't want luggage getting lost, and don't want to have to lug it all around. We'll try to just have super light carry-ons that we can easily take to the beach if we can't get on an earlier flight during that layover.

Lack of Communication
I can't help but be a little frustrated that people simply don't respond as quickly or as frequently as I would like them to. It makes me nervous that things won't happen correctly or in time simply because they don't know what's going on.

I'm huge on keeping people informed. And I'm pretty big on making sure that the people I'm trying to inform are actually getting informed. LoL. I need feedback. Well, I need people to respond like I do. =P

When setting appointments, I will especially repeat date, time and location to be absolutely sure that we're all on the same page. It might get redundant, but at least I know that there won't be any confusion.

Anyhow, lately I've been trying to finalize the guest list. I've been a little irritated that I would, say, FB message someone because I haven't received their RSVP yet. I see that they had recent FB activity, but still have not replied to my message. Or they'll reply once, and I'll ask for further clarification (like if they're going to bring a guest), and I don't get a response. So I guess all that's left to me is to assume that a lack of response means that they are not coming to the wedding, or that there are no additional guests. I would just hate for anyone to be turned away if there isn't enough room. =/

No comments:

Post a Comment