05 May 2010

Yubo's bad at Tetris.

A quick little entry I've been meaning to write. Adding to it some shots that we tried tonight to make use of the cute little bottles we got in Hawaii.

Yubo sucks at Tetris.
This is how I explain that he is chaos to my order. This phrase came up once when he was trying to put a lot of groceries in the trunk and couldn't get it all to fit. It was because he was just putting stuff in instead of arranging things to fit. I think there was some big box that had slid forward and instead of pushing the box back and into a corner, he was trying to shove things awkwardly around it. And so I told him that he must really suck at Tetris.

Yubo is the worst Easter egg hunter ever.
This came about recently. I have noticed that when he is looking for something, he will RARELY ever find it if it is underneath something. This past weekend, he could not find an umbrella that was on the table in the room we stayed in at the church retreat. It was just on the table, so not a whole lot of surface area to cover. He kept telling me he couldn't find it, until he finally decided to lift up some clothes he had laid over the table. He blames me for that because I told him to hang his clothes over the chair instead of tossing them on the floor.

Few days later, again he needed an umbrella. He had left the black one in the car, so I told him that my Mary Kay umbrella was in the office on the floor right in front of my inventory shelves. He said he couldn't find it. I got up, rummaged through some things that were in front of the shelves, and there was the umbrella.

I blame this on his gaming. LoL. I feel like it's because he's waiting for a little arrow or highlight or something to appear when he's standing in an area to show him that there is something of interest. Or perhaps I should put everything that is important into little treasure chests and hide them, because then he will somehow be able to find them. He can figure out how to get his character to this strange ledge where he's sure there's a treasure chest, but he can't lift up some papers or clothes to find what he's looking for irl.

I'm exaggerating this, I hope you understand. He's not that bad. I point it out in this entry now mostly because of his not being able to find an umbrella twice in such a short period of time. And when he's tired, his brain just doesn't wanna work the way I know it can. :P And ain't that the way with all of us.

Shots
When we popped into one of the 10million ABC Stores on Oahu, I saw all these little bottles of liquor that I thought were adorable. As much as I don't care for alcohol, I really really like the bottles they come in. In high school, I asked my mom to buy a bottle of sake because it was so darn cute. I think my parents still have it in the display case at home.

Anyhow, we got these 12 little bottles that we intended to drink there, but it never happened because we weren't feeling too good. So we packed them and brought them home, and finally decided to open some up.

I have an app on my iPod where you can select what you have on hand and it'll show you all the drinks you can make. Since the bottles are so little, we focused on shots.

I started with a Cokuhalua, which is just coke and Kahlua layered in a shot glass. It wasn't an amazing mix, but it wasn't horrible. Next was a B-52: amaretto, Kahlua, and Bailey's Irish Cream layered in a shot glass. This one tasted pretty interesting. I didn't care for the amaretto. There's a variation of this that uses Grand Marnier (which we also got) instead of the amaretto, so perhaps I'll try that later.

For Yubo, I found something that is called Go Go Godzilla. Just for the name, I had to have him try it. It's vodka, Mt. Dew, and 4 drops of tabasco sauce. I was so excited because a long time ago, my mom gave me this super cute tiny bottle of tabasco, so I finally got to use it. The problem was that I put more than 4 drops. But Yubo was willing to try it anyhow. Oh my goodness, he just about choked. Without the tabasco, the shot is called Dragon Piss (1 oz of each). Doesn't sound very appealing at all, but he liked it well enough to do it twice.

So Yubo had a total of 5 shots (because he had to try out my two shots first to let me know if I would like them). Not enough to do anything to him, thankfully, and I made sure he ate and had him to right to bed. Tired and hungry are not good times to take shots. :/

But he's in bed now, needing wake up early for a meeting. I'm just updating stuff because I'm not tired, and I'm trying to finish the can of coke. Reaffirmed that I don't care about the drinking as long as it doesn't lead to drunkenness, and learned how much I really like Kahlua. (My drink of choice is a White Russian, which also contains Kahlua.)

No comments:

Post a Comment