29 September 2009

Trying on dresses.

Last Friday Eric, Alex, Yubo and I went to David's Bridal to try on dresses. Considering how much I already hate shopping for clothes, this place didn't make it a whole lot better. People say this is the Walmart of bridal stores. I compare it more to Ross. It was very disorganized. It was my own fault that we were late to the appointment, but things took that much longer because it was so difficult going through the racks trying to find the dresses we found online.

They ended up not having a single bridesmaid dress that we were originally looking for, so Alex ended up going through everything to just pull anything to try on. Here's what she ended up with:
We found my favorite dress and picked out two others that we came across. Because I was trying on regular sized dresses and not petite, it was difficult to get a good idea of how I would really look in one. We pulled this one and I was pleasantly surprised that it actually looked pretty good:


Unfortunately, I didn't like the other two as much. I tried a third one that the consultant loved so much she ran to get a tiara and veil. Eric and I weren't too fond of it.
I was supposed to go to my massage therapist's friend's boutique this morning, but I wasn't feeling well. I didn't want to get any germs on the dresses so decided to reschedule. My boss, Karen, also gave me a tip to check out a consignment store in Kirkland so I might try that as well.
I still haven't found a style that works well with my body. I keep going towards halters and A-line dresses, but I wonder if I should just try everything and see. I wish Archie and Akemi could be with me. I trust their super honest opinions. Hopefully I'll have them with me if I end up renting a dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment