15 September 2009

Dress. Cake.

Dress
I was talking with Yubo's parents about how my dad doesn't want me to buy a gown. Got to explain to them my convertible dress idea and showed them the pictures. I think they're considering doing it for me. There's a lady that Mrs.Crumly works with that does the costumes for the dance productions that the studio they work for puts on. I asked if they could just get a quote from her to see if I want to have them do it or not. If it's too expensive, I obviously won't.

Cake
Also while talking to his parents, I asked them if they have a favorite cake flavor. Mr.Crumly's response led me to the joke of having a Neapolitan cake. When I shared this joke with Yubo, he loved the idea. So I think we're going to try to have the bottom tier like that. I was thinking a layer of chocolate chiffon cake, a layer of vanilla chiffon cake, and strawberry mousse inbetween. I sent a message to my two known cake buddies to see what they thought of that -- just want to know if that would actually turn out well. I wonder if there will be a chance for a cake tasting. Depending on when Yubo can get down to Cali, I think there might be time since cakes aren't made too far in advance, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment