10 March 2011

Dirty Mouth.

Yes, we swap spit and share other bodily fluids, but there are some things that I simply do not want to share.

Like my toothbrush.

There have been times when Yubo would mistakenly use my toothbrush, despite having a perfectly good one of his own. Yes, honey. Yours is the blue one, your favorite color, not the pink or green one. So when I find that he has used my toothbrush instead of his own, I get immensely grossed out, and have to get myself a new one.

I'm the same about our water pik and Sonicare toothbrushes. Mine is the green one. His is the blue one. If I happen to have left my green one on, he'll simply use it instead of switching it out for his blue one. And then I have to rinse it in hot water and Listerine. Well, not the Sonicare brushes. Thankfully we have that UV cleaner thing.

On a side know, I'm sure you're wondering, If we have super cool Sonicare toothbrushes, why am I going off on regular toothbrushes? Because sometimes I just want to brush my teeth in a normal fashion, sans vibrations.

Anyhow, there's just something about morning germs that really turn me off, and for whatever reason, Yubo refuses to accomodate me on that. He would still want a morning kiss (before brushing) if I didn't fight him so hard about it. My own morning breath grosses me out, so you can imagine how disgusted I would be about someone else's. Yes, he's my husband. Yes, I love him no matter what. But loving him as close to unconditionally as I humanly can does not mean I have to lick up the bacteria that accumulated in his mouth overnight during his open-mouth snoring.

I know I'm not the only one that hates morning breath. Look at that scene from Pretty Woman.

Well then, that concludes my rant for the morning. Now I will add a new toothbrush to my shopping list for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment