09 February 2011

Guilty until proven innocent.

Although I was quite visibly bothered last night, Yubo chose to ignore it. So of course, I had to confront him about it.

It wasn't a terrible fight or anything. I told him that although it doesn't look like it, I really do try hard to trust him. And I told him that maybe I really do need him to jump through hoops to help build my confidence in him.

However, I also told him that when he does those trigger things, and then ignores me, I see that as him being guilty. Especially if it's right before bed for no good reason, and he goes to rinse with Listerine as soon as he gets in, even though I know he brushes and rinses before bed.

He asked if he seriously needed to say, "I didn't smoke," as soon as he walks in.

I told him that he needs to not be scared to defend himself if he's innocent. He can't let me accuse him of things (even if I'm not outright accusing him) if he's not doing anything wrong. If I'm acting huffy and bothered, I'm suspicious, and if he doesn't do anything to dispell my suspicion, he's guilty. That's honestly how it plays out in my head. It's like, he's not defending himself because he knows he did something wrong that would hurt me.

And I said something along the lines of, "If you have to go outside right before bed for whatever reason, and you see that I'm bothered when you come in, give me a hug and a kiss first. That's the ultimate proof."

No comments:

Post a Comment