16 November 2010

Yubo's Birthday.

Yikes. It's been a while since my last post. But nothing very eventful happened in that time.

Yubo turned 29 two days ago. Whenever I asked him what he wanted or what he wanted to do, he wouldn't give me any good answer. So I took it upon myself to do something fun for his last year in his 20's.

I really wanted to bake a cake for him -- more specifically, my chocolate kahlua cake. But I knew a cake would be too much for just the two of us, so I figured it'd be good to have friends over. A good excuse to have friends over for Yubo is..... GAMING. So I invited friends that I thought would be able to come and knew would want to play.

But first, the cake. I was so excited that I wanted to make it in time for him to have a slice right when it became his birthday. That didn't work out too well, and we ended up staying awake waaaay too long. But I did complete the cake:


We were so tired that we ended up missing church. So instead, we went out to a nice breakfast at a place in Seattle called Kona Kitchen.


When we got home, I finally framed our marriage certificate and put it on the wall. It didn't last very long up because I didn't use the supporting strips, but now hopefully it's up more securely.


Then I got to more baking. I got a box of Tastefully Simple Pumpkin Bread for Yubo, so I thought this would be a good occasion to finally make it and not have leftover bread, since I don't eat pumpkin anything.



It's good that Yubo gets along so well with the friends I've made up here. Albert and Musashi, who worked with me at Fry's, and Albert's gf came. Also, Andrew, who was in Yubo's small group from church retreat, was able to make it.

Albert brought his TV, XBox360, and some games. Setting things up was a little fussy. But it got done and gaming on two large televisions in our living room commenced.


People were still a little hungry, and although Yubo bought three large bags of Chex Mix, we opted for Tastefully Simple Cinnamon Muffin Melts. So yummy! Must get another box (or two, or five).


We ended up going out to buy another XBox controller (because we only have one since I never cared to play any XBox games) and Call of Duty: Black Ops. This enabled all four guys to play together.


Finally, it was getting late, so we ended the night with cake.


Yubo seemed to have a really good night, and I was so happy that he finally was able to game with guys that love gaming as much as he does. I also liked that he was playing with friends, and not strange people over the internet.

Overall, a successful 29th birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment