18 August 2009

Convertible dress.

I had an epiphany about my dress -- convertible. One dress for the reception with a fuller skirt tied or belted on for the church. Doing a search online came up with some decent ones, so I just need to go into bridal boutique or something and see what it'll take to get something custom like that. I think that will either be cheaper, or at the most about the same, as buying and altering two separate dresses.

So the plan is to get something that looks great for the reception that I might be able to wear another time -- something that doesn't scream wedding dress too badly -- and just be able to donate/sell the skirt attachment as scrap fabric or just toss it and not feel too horrible about it. Or save it and use it as scrap material myself... I mean, I have a sewing machine. =P

If I really commit to this, I'm going to start looking at dress styles sooner rather than later so there's enough time to create what I want. I'll keep the two dress option in the back of my mind... or I'll even see if I can find something for the church that I'll still be able to dance in comfortably without any ridiculous bustling.

My mom needs to talk to my dad about purchasing the dresses though.... I'm scared he won't go for it because it's a loss instead of profit. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment