04 December 2009

The dress discussion continues.

My apologies if I already posted something similar with this information.

I was able to talk more with my mom about the whole dress thing. Turns out that the going rate for renting bridesmaid dresses is about $100 already, so we are finally set on just buying their dresses. We're (or at least I'm) looking specifically at this design in floor length, and in dark brown (or espresso, as their coloring is called). Archie says she's positive she'll look amazing in it, and would definitely wear it again cuz she loves brown. I also think Alex and Akemi would look great. Need to drag Alex into the store to try it on.

My mom argued with me a little bit about this. She told me she has never in her life seen bridesmaids in brown. She tried to sway me to peach or purple or something like that. I told her that I felt in the color scheme of cream, pink, and dark brown, a rich dark brown would be the most flattering. We just need to make sure the dresses are made with good material so they don't look like poo.

Then we got to talking about my dress. Yubo's parents are telling me that their seamstress friend (who did all the dresses for her own daughter's wedding this year) is excited to do it, but is really tied down with making the Nutcracker costumes for the dance studio that she and Mrs.Crumly work at. I told my mom about my convertible dress idea, and she seemed horrified that I wanted to wear something more of a cocktail dress (short) than an evening gown (long) at the reception. Again, she said she has never seen a bride in a short dress at a wedding.

For both dress reactions, I told her that was because she's only ever been to Chinese or Cambodian weddings. =P I think she would have died if I told her there are brides out there with black bridesmaids dresses (and even black wedding gowns in some cases). We'll see about the length of the reception dress. I like it short for a more spring feel, and also for ease of movement. I think it will also keep me from feeling huge when I have the larger skirt for the church on top.

I will be in L.A. for a week in January to try to finalize a bakery, photographer, videographer, and dress things. Hoping to get as much done as I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment