05 October 2009

Renting Dresses.

The more I get into this dress shopping, the more I'm drawn back to my original plan of renting dresses for both the bridesmaids and myself. Considering that most of my bridesmaids are currently in rather tough financial spots, it seems the better for them. It would be especially good if the cost is low enough that we might be able to split it with them to help them out.

For myself, the part of me that is my dad still likes the idea of renting and not getting stuck with this wedding gown that takes up space in the closet or storage never to be worn again.

I'm not getting so caught up in the aesthetics of the wedding anymore. The most important thing of the day is that we are going to be united before God with His blessing and be in celebration with our loved ones.

I think I do still want to focus more on the photographer/videographer. We want this day captured well, and we want to be able to share it with those that won't be able to make it. The plan is to show a video of the ceremony at the WA reception if a video is available by then.

We have six months to go, but I know that will fly by fast. I also know that things need to booked in time. Well, we'll see how this goes. A lot is going to come together in January when I'm in L.A. for a week before going with my family to China and Cambodia (yay!!).

I'm trying not to stress out or get impatient, and just trying to put it all in God's hands.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you're having a wedding in WA and CA? That's crazy! :)

    ReplyDelete