04 July 2009

Custom dresses.

The plan was to get my gown and cocktail dress custommade to fit my body well. My mom had a person in mind, but I was concerned that the person might not know how to make a dress for someone with scoliosis. That was kind of the problem with all the other dresses I had made for school dances and such. Nothing ever fit right because those seamstresses kept trying to make things straight for my twisted body.

So my mom said that I can get it done myself, that way I don't have to worry about flying down for fittings and whatever.

Malia (a friend of ours from church that's getting married next summer) and Mrs.Crumly both suggested that I try on dresses just to see the general style that I like. Mrs.Crumly actually couldn't find a wedding dress that didn't make her look like a cake, so she just got a white evening gown that fit well and beaded it herself.

I'm actually really excited that I have control over my dresses now. And I may need to ask Sylvia, a lady that works with Mrs.Crumly at the dance studio, to alter my red dress. Probably do that in December.

I'm really sad that Archie and Akemi won't really be able to be with me to try on dresses, but I'll probably take lots of pictures and send it to them. I'll wait until I lose another 10-15lbs before I start trying on dresses though.

No comments:

Post a Comment